This is a wonderful edition of the Iḥyāʾ (Revival of the Religious Sciences) noteworthy for its care of the text. I have used this edition in conjunction with dār al-minhāj’s much lauded edition. A friend asked me to send pictures and I like to share the pictures with you.
Dār al-kutub al-ʿilmiyya (dki) of Beirut, Lebanon a publisher of trade Arabic books has also published their own translations of the texts that in various languages, mainly English and French. As is expected that they would also publish many of Imām al-Ghazālī’s works in Arabic. In 2011 they published an English language translation […]
on the Iḥyāʾ page on the website there has been extensive updates to the printed editions section. I am including it below.
Printed Editions: First printed edition: Būlāq, 1269/1853: al-Juzʾ al-awwal (– al-juzʾ al-rābiʿ) min Kitāb iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-dīn / taʾlīf Abī Ḥāmid Muḥammad b. Muḥammad b. Muḥammad al-Ghazzālī. – [Cairo : s.n.], […]
The (Maʻārif al-ʻaqlīyah wa-lubāb al-ḥikmah al-īlāhīyah = Knowledge by intellect and the kernel of divine wisdom) is one of those minor works of Imām al-Ghazālī, C. Brockelmann #54, A. Badwai # 27 and M. Bouyges # 26 B. and M. cite it as authentic work (any work with number 69 or less is authentic with few exceptions). We […]
- Wisdom of God’s creation November 21, 2019
- Who moved Al-Ghazali’s Tomb? September 29, 2019
- The Concept of man in Islam in the writings of al-Ghazali by Ali Issa Othman September 23, 2019
- Ghazali manuscript: Mishakt al-Anwar September 23, 2019
- Iḥyāʾ – Dār al-Fayyḥāʾ/Dār al-Manhal edition September 2, 2019
- Ihya in English July 17, 2019
- Editions of the iḥyāʾ March 10, 2019