Our dear friend Dr. Muzaffar Iqbal wrote the following a few months back:
I was in Tus in October 2017 and went to the tomb of the Imam, and was literally “shaken” to see that the archeological department of Khurasan has shifted the site of the tomb to a new location about 300 feet away […]
This book was published in 1960 by dar al-maʾārif Press of Cairo, I was just able to get a copy of it this past month. Note that it has a line drawing by the author of what he imagines Imam al-Ghazali to be. Its a very nice line drawing. I have included it here along […]
A curator at the The National Library of Israel, located in Jerusalem has been kind to inform me about one the manuscript holdings. I wanted to share with you this information. Thanks to the curator for bringing this to my attention.
I wanted to bring to your attention a Ghazali manuscript in the […]
This is a wonderful edition of the Iḥyāʾ (Revival of the Religious Sciences) noteworthy for its care of the text. I have used this edition in conjunction with dār al-minhāj’s much lauded edition. A friend asked me to send pictures and I like to share the pictures with you.
- Wisdom of God’s creation November 21, 2019
- Who moved Al-Ghazali’s Tomb? September 29, 2019
- The Concept of man in Islam in the writings of al-Ghazali by Ali Issa Othman September 23, 2019
- Ghazali manuscript: Mishakt al-Anwar September 23, 2019
- Iḥyāʾ – Dār al-Fayyḥāʾ/Dār al-Manhal edition September 2, 2019
- Ihya in English July 17, 2019
- Editions of the iḥyāʾ March 10, 2019