on the Iḥyāʾ page on the website there has been extensive updates to the printed editions section. I am including it below.
- Printed Editions:
- First printed edition: Būlāq, 1269/1853: al-Juzʾ al-awwal (– al-juzʾ al-rābiʿ) min Kitāb iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-dīn / taʾlīf Abī Ḥāmid Muḥammad b. Muḥammad b. Muḥammad al-Ghazzālī. – [Cairo : s.n.], 1269  – 4 v. in 2 ; 33 cm. – See sample pdf
- First India printed edition by offset lithography from a handwritten original (ḥajrīya): Iḥyāʾ al-ʿulūm fī arabaʿ mujalladāt / li-ḥujat al-Islām Muḥammad al-Ghazzālī. [Lucknow] : Niwal Kishūr, 1863. – See sample pdf. bi Ihitimām Muḥammad ʻAlī Mumtāz: 1280/1863; vol1 and vol2 in pdf facimile. Note that volume 2 is missing the last page.
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn. the standard edition A facsimile. This is perhaps the best edition; it was published ʿIsa al-Babī al-Ḥalabī wa Awlādahu and reprinted by Dār Iḥyāʾ al-Kutub al-ʿArabiyya with an introduction by Dr. Badawī Ṭabāna in 1957; this was then known as the Ṭabāna edition. also on archive.org and locally: vol1 –vol1-alternate – vol2 – vol3 – vol3-alternate – vol4 – (in PDF facsimile)
- al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn. Cairo: Lajnat Nashr al-Thaqāfa al-Islāmiyya, 1356–57 (1937–38). This is the edition that the Dār al-Shaʿab based their editon on. It has been recreated here with the pagination in red on the pdf files. Thanks is due to Prof. Frank Griffel for this information, his help in recreating this edition and providing the scans of the missing pages. Do note that this is a very readable edition that is used for scholarly pursuit:
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn an edition printed in Cairo: Dār al-Shaʿb, n. d. (silsilat kitāb al-shaʿb): available in PDF facsimile at archive.org: cover–1–2–3–4–5–6–7–8–9–10–11–12–13–14–15–16.
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn a complete edition printed in Beirut: Dār al-Qalam, n.d. by ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz al-Sayyrawān in 5 volumes PDF facimile at archive.org
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn. an edition in 5 volumes: Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-dīn – taṣnīf al-Imām Abī Ḥāmid Muḥammad b. Muḥammad al-Ghazālī. Wa-bi-dhaylihi kitāb al-Mughnī ʿan ḥaml al-asfār fī al-asfār fī takhrīj mā fī al-Iḥyāʾ min al-akhbār. Miṣr : al-Maktabah al-Tijārīyah al-Kubrā, [195-?]: vol1 – vol2 –vol4 – vol5: contains Taʿrīf al-aḥyāʾ bi-faḍāʾil al-Iḥyāʾ by al-ʿAydarūs, al-Imlāʾ ʿan ishkālāt al-Iḥyāʾ by al-Ghazzāli, and ʿAwārif al-maʿārif by al-Suhrawardī. (in PDF facsimile)
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn. Beirut: Dār al-Maʿrifa, 1982 edition in 4 volumes: vol1 – alternate vol1 – vol2 – vol3 – vol4 (in PDF facsimile).
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn. Beirut: Dār al-khaīr 1997 edition in 7 volumes (bound in 6). At the end of volume 6:202 it states that they completed printing of this book on Sunday 26 of Shawwāl 1357/ 18 December 1938! followed by: al-Imlāʾ ʿan ishkālāt al-Iḥyāʾ by al-Ghazzāli, Taʿrīf al-aḥyāʾ bi-faḍāʾil al-Iḥyāʾ by al-ʿAydarūs and has al-ʿIraqī’s al-Mughnī ʿan ḥaml al-asfār fī al-asfār fī takhrīj mā fī al-Iḥyāʾ min al-akhbār on the margins. This edition has an extensive index (Volume al-fahāris ) by Riyaḍ Muṣṭafā al-ʿAbdullāh that covers the following: (1) Qurʾān, (2) Ḥadīth, (3) sayings (ḥikam wa muʾthurāt), (4) personalities, (5) religions, sects, creeds, (6) cities and places, and (7) poetry.
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn. Beirut: Dār Ṣadir, 2000 which is a reprint of the Aleppo: Dār al-Waʿī edition in 5 volumes edited by ʿAbd al-Muʿṭī Amīn Qalʿjī. This edition has an index of the ḥadith at the end of volume 5 which also has al-Imlāʾ ʿan ishkālāt al-Iḥyāʾ by al-Ghazzāli, Taʿrīf al-aḥyāʾ bi-faḍāʾil al-Iḥyāʾ by al-ʿAydarūs, al-Suyūṭī, Tashyad al-ʾarkān fī laysa fī al-imkan ʾabdaʿ mimā kān (Fortifying the foundations of [the statement] “the best of all possible worlds” ) and has al-ʿIraqī’s al-Mughnī ʿan ḥaml al-asfār fī al-asfār fī takhrīj mā fī al-Iḥyāʾ min al-akhbār on the margins.
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn. Cairo: Dār al-Āfāq al-ʿArbiyya 2004, edited with additional ḥadīth verification by Muḥammad M. Tāmir in 5 volumes: volume 1 not available vol2 –vol3 – vol4 –vol5 (in PDF facsimile)
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn. Damascus 2010 edition: Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-dīn: wa-maʿahu kitāb al-Mughnī ʿan ḥaml al-asfār fī al-asfār lil-Ḥāfiẓ al-ʿIrāqī, Takhrījāt al-imām al-Zubaydī fī Itḥāf al-sādah al-muttaqīn, Takhrījāt al-imām Ibn al-Subkī fī Ṭabaqāt al-Shāfiʻīyah al-kubrá, wa-yalīhi al-Imlāʾ ʿalā mushkil al-Iḥyāʾ / Abū Ḥāmid al-Ghazzālī ; taḥqīq wa-takhrīj ʿAlī Muḥammad Muṣṭafā, Saʿīd al-Maḥāsinī ; qaddama la-hu al-Shaykh Asʿad Ṣāghirjī. (Damascus: Dār al-Fayḥāʾ and Dār al-Manhal Nāshirūn, 2010). This is perhaps one of the best modern printed edition that is superior to the minhāj edition mentioned above that uses the text of the iḥyāʾ that was printed on the margins of itḥāf as its basis and a few choice manuscripts. It does have an index but not as extensive as the dār al-khaīr 1997 edition by Riyaḍ Muṣṭafā al-ʿAbdullāh.
- Al-Ghazālī. Iḥyāʾ ʿulūm al-Dīn. Jedda: Dār al-Minhaj, 2011. In 10 volumes at archive.org and at the following: vol1 – vol2 – vol3 – vol4. This is a very nice and fancy edition. Its a showcase piece of Arabic Book Printing. Even though the publisher has an ījāza for the text I found issues with the text. The publisher claims to use manuscripts but the actual text never mentions any of the manuscript variants and this is not a good sign. The bibliography of the texts cited is very good. It has very good sourcing of texts that were used by al-Ghazālī.
- Wisdom of God’s creation November 21, 2019
- Who moved Al-Ghazali’s Tomb? September 29, 2019
- The Concept of man in Islam in the writings of al-Ghazali by Ali Issa Othman September 23, 2019
- Ghazali manuscript: Mishakt al-Anwar September 23, 2019
- Iḥyāʾ – Dār al-Fayyḥāʾ/Dār al-Manhal edition September 2, 2019
- Ihya in English July 17, 2019
- Editions of the iḥyāʾ March 10, 2019