I get this question quite often: is my edition of the iḥyāʾ a good edition?
We need to be more discriminating consumers that demand better of publishers to produce the best possible work. This is in line with the prophetic charge that we as Muslim—in this case producers of knowledge—were given of practicing iḥsān.
Prof. Ebrahim Moosa has written a thoughtful article on Imam Ghazali’s legal thought and it can be found here. This is a cause for celebration as this is a field that is hardly treated by those who study Imam Ghazali in the west. So it represents an important […]
- Wisdom of God’s creation November 21, 2019
- Who moved Al-Ghazali’s Tomb? September 29, 2019
- The Concept of man in Islam in the writings of al-Ghazali by Ali Issa Othman September 23, 2019
- Ghazali manuscript: Mishakt al-Anwar September 23, 2019
- Iḥyāʾ – Dār al-Fayyḥāʾ/Dār al-Manhal edition September 2, 2019
- Ihya in English July 17, 2019
- Editions of the iḥyāʾ March 10, 2019