I don’t think so at least not the book that we have in print. For example it quotes an author abu Najib al-Suhrawardi who died in 560 and was born in 490. Imam Ghazali died in 505. While they may have met but I don’t think that Ghazali would have quoted him. In fact Abu Najib was a student of Imam Ghazali’s brother Ahmad.
Further there are sections that are out of the Ihya’ the section on the heart is verbatim from the book on the Marvels of the heart.
There are works that take from Imam Ghazali’s writing and make another book out of them. However the compliers of these books end up inserting quotes from the works of others as well. They may have been at one point someone’s notes that were sold by booksellers as works of Ghazali.
- Editions September 3, 2020
- Wisdom of God’s creation November 21, 2019
- Who moved Al-Ghazali’s Tomb? September 29, 2019
- The Concept of man in Islam in the writings of al-Ghazali by Ali Issa Othman September 23, 2019
- Ghazali manuscript: Mishakt al-Anwar September 23, 2019
- Iḥyāʾ – Dār al-Fayyḥāʾ/Dār al-Manhal edition September 2, 2019
- Ihya in English July 17, 2019