Ibn al-Jawzi (d. 597/ ) summarized Ghazali’s ihya’ ‘ulum al-din in a book title Minhaj al-qasidin wa mufid al-sadiqin which was then summarized by ibn Qudama al-maqdisi (d. 742/) aptly titled mukhtasr minhaj al-qasidin. For quite sometime Ibn al-Jawzi’s book was forgotten until recently. Here are two recently published versions of the book. The first is published by Dar al-tawfiq of Damascus in 2010 and edited by K. M. al-Kharat (Links: intro – text) and the other is published by Maktabat fayad of al-mansura, Egypt in 2012 and edited by ‘Adil Shosha (PDF). Happy reading.
- Editions September 3, 2020
- Wisdom of God’s creation November 21, 2019
- Who moved Al-Ghazali’s Tomb? September 29, 2019
- The Concept of man in Islam in the writings of al-Ghazali by Ali Issa Othman September 23, 2019
- Ghazali manuscript: Mishakt al-Anwar September 23, 2019
- Iḥyāʾ – Dār al-Fayyḥāʾ/Dār al-Manhal edition September 2, 2019
- Ihya in English July 17, 2019