The (Maʻārif al-ʻaqlīyah wa-lubāb al-ḥikmah al-īlāhīyah = Knowledge by intellect and the kernel of divine wisdom) is one of those minor works of Imām al-Ghazālī, C. Brockelmann #54, A. Badwai # 27 and M. Bouyges # 26 B. and M. cite it as authentic work (any work with number 69 or less is authentic with few exceptions). We do have mention of it by early author’s most prominently by Ibn Ṭufayal in the introduction to Ḥayy bin Yaqẓān [ see p. 114 in Beirut 1980 ed. Fārūq Sʿad; p.36, in Beirut 1993 ed. ʿAlī būMilḥim; p. 16 in Amman 1995 ed. ʿIṣām Fāris al-Ḥarstānī; and in English translation by L. E. Goodman (New York, 1972.) p. 102 where he translates the title as Modes of Awareness] where he discuses al-Ghazālī and the works that came to Andalusia. At any rate we a PDF of a published edition on line Thanks due to Dr. Abu Sway who kindly has provided us with Maʻārif al-ʻaqlīyah li Imām Abī Ḥāmid al-Ghazālī, edited by Abd al-Karim al-Uthman, Dar al-Fikr bi Dimashq, Damascus, 1963 (PDF). For more bibliographic details see our page on Philosophical and Logic works of Imam al-Ghazālī here (http://www.ghazali.org/2015/09/pl/).
- Wisdom of God’s creation November 21, 2019
- Who moved Al-Ghazali’s Tomb? September 29, 2019
- The Concept of man in Islam in the writings of al-Ghazali by Ali Issa Othman September 23, 2019
- Ghazali manuscript: Mishakt al-Anwar September 23, 2019
- Iḥyāʾ – Dār al-Fayyḥāʾ/Dār al-Manhal edition September 2, 2019
- Ihya in English July 17, 2019
- Editions of the iḥyāʾ March 10, 2019